Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Targets-based trading


Today was the first day where I traded besides using the already working system a new approach: Targets-based trading

The method is pretty simple but very effective:
  • In the morning I look at where the price is in relation to yesterdays close
  • then I make either a long or short trade
  • at the first target I re-evaluate if I stay in the trade for the next target or exit and wait for a counter trend signal
  • Having a bunch of targets (yesterdays high, close, camarilla pivots, fibonacci extensions, 200 ema, 50% of yesterdays range) its quite profitable to trade this way.
With just 5 different targets (yesterdays high, low or close and the Camarilla Pivots) that get hit almost every day its a very effective way of trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment