Wednesday, February 10, 2010

10th February Wednesday



Goals for today:
  1. Trade according to my Plan with good feelings about the outcome.
  2. Earn at least 40 FDAX Points by entering and exiting short and/or long trades on 1 min chart in the Decision Point Areas from the 3 Min Chart.
  3. Earn at least 100 Crude Oil Points by entering and exiting short and/or long trades on a 1 Min Chart in the Decision Point Areas from the 5 Min Chart.
  4. Don't make anymore trades once the profits are cashed in.
4 FDAX Trades (Today on the 8th trading day of the month we could see a similar pattern than the last times):
  • 2 am short (next week try to stay short from tuesday night to wednesday morning)
  • 3.15 am- 4 am long
  • 5.10 am trend
  • 7.30 am - 8.40 am short
  • 9.00 am long
  • 9.55 am - 10.20 am short
  • after 10.30 am long
4 Crude Oil Trades:
  • after 4.00 am long
  • after 6.30 - 8.30 short till 9.00
  • 9.30 am - 10.00 am short till 10.40
  • after 10.40 long
  • after 11.25 trend
Profit 40 Points MTP Manual DP System FDAX
Profit 100 Points MTP Manual DP System CL

6 comments:

  1. Wow... did as you told me yesterday. Looked at the four lastweek days and that's what I wrote down yesterday (these are the DAX market times):

    8:00 - 9:00 short
    9:00 (9:30) - 10:10 long
    10:10 - 10:50 short
    15:50 - 16:20 short
    16:30 long

    However, since GBL opened roughly 0,50% down, I deleted the 8:00-9:00 short. But I'm amazed I got them almost similar to your trades.

    Thanks for the tips yesterday
    Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is also one other pattern than I am trying to proof this month: The current trading day of the month has the same patterns than the last month and the month befores pattern of that day.
    Like yesterday we had 3 big moves down.
    Anyway people are creatures of habit, they do things over and over again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. On thing: if i write 8-9 short this means in this time frame, most of the time I have an open target (next DP area) only if I write "till" at those times is most likley that a trend will stop.
    Sticking to my plan I shorted 8.22 but this was only good for some point, nevertheless I learned to trade every setup, since they are for free (the entries in the DP area have enough room to set the stop at least to breakeven before getting stopped out)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... makes sense. Great material! :-)

    But by ''previous month that day'' do you mean the same number of trading day OR the same weekday?

    Today is 10 Feb. It's the 8th trading day of the month, but second trading Wednesday of the month.

    Now should I be looking for the 8th trading day of January OR also the second trading Wednesday of the January? If you know what I'm asking. Of course January 1st wasn't a trading day, but let's assume it was. Would I be then looking the January 12th or January 13th? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Already got the answer to my question from your post. But thanks anyway! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, as usual!

    However, if I would going to start making this type of trades, I need to figure out how to find the entry points, where to put the protective stop and maybe even figure out when to take the profit.

    But really... well done mate!

    ReplyDelete