Saturday, October 2, 2010

Trading Plan: Reversal Signals






Usually I take a counter trend trade when there is a rally or steep sell off into a Decision Point Area. However sometimes prices simply go through the DP Area or just pause making it look like a reversal will happen.

There are several method to estimate if a trend is ending like high volume bars, many orders (ticks per min), or generally prior support and resistance levels. However to none of them work 100% thats why i usually wait for confirmation on the 30 sec chart before entering a counter trend trade.

I found a new tool that might help me seeing reversal bars more clearer, its the DIVERGENT Bar from Bill Williams, works quite good on the 3 min timeframe but I have to evaluate if its really helpful (maybe I modifiy the indicator to have only be displayed on large range bars to avoid exiting trend trades too early)

No comments:

Post a Comment