Wednesday, April 14, 2010

14th April Wednesday






Workhours from 3.00 am till 5.00 am, 6.30 am till 9.00 am and a look at 11.30 and 14 - 14.30

FDAX Trades:

expecitng a trend after 3 am, 6.30 am, 8.30 am, 11.30 am, 2 pm

after 2.45 am: up move, down trend (new pattern: the market does the exact opposite of what happened yesterday after 11.00 am)
  • 3:00 am long Breakeven
  • 3:14 am short
  • 3.33 am long (signal but no trendline break)
  • 4:03 am long (signal but no price above blue bar)
  • 4:29 am long
  • 5.14 am short
  • 5:57 am short
  • 6:52 am long
  • 7.52 am long
  • 8:19 am long
  • 8.32 am short
after 9.30 am: upmove, downmove, sideways then uptrend
  • 9.17 am and 9.38 am long (long signals but no trendline break)
  • 11.05 am long (long signal but no trendline break)
  • 11:37 am short
  • 1.00 pm long till 1.30 pm
  • 2.15 pm long
  • 3.30 pm long
Crude Oil Trades:
  • 3.00 am long
  • 3.11 am short
  • 3.33 am long (signal but no trendline break)
  • 4.00 am long
  • 5:36 am long
  • 6:56 am long
  • 7.44 am short
  • 8.32 am short
  • 9.15 am short
  • 10.35 am long
  • 10.58 am long
  • 11.22 am long
  • 1.30 pm short
  • 2.00 pm long
  • 2.15 pm short
Profit 3 Points Automatic Reversal System ES
Profit 40 Points MTP Manual DP System FDAX
Profit 100 Points MTP Manual DP System CL

10 comments:

  1. Hey again :-))

    Today I'm expecting higher prices. If 6271 holds, then we can see an up-trend right away (even thou I'm paying close attention to see if we might come down to 6161 or even 6255, before going up again).

    But after looking price for 12 minutes now, it looks rather long. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. strange that you say that, I always think the market can move in any direction. I just need to belief in my ability to execute the trades and that the trades will be profitable and then usually that happens :-)
    Have a nice trading day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can probably move to any direction, but lately I've understood that the chart and price movement often gives you hints about where it might go.

    But I trade a lot less than you, so maybe we have a bit different trading style. I used to do a lot of smaller trades, but lately I've become a value trader. I try to understand the overall direction and trade it. Of course when there's a lot of volatility and the market goes up and down, then I might make several trades (but I'm looking for those long swings) :-)

    Wish you a great trading day also. DAX belongs to us today! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah guess we trade a bit different, i for example just made a long trade from 6273.5 and got stopped out on the pullback at 6274, so my broker is happy because of the commissions and I am happy because I took the chance. Crude Oil on the other hand is much more rewarding as there are not so much pullbacks. The interessting thing on trading the dax is that everyday you learn something new as the market is very sensitive to news...

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw I updated my blog, there is a new pattern on wednesdays, the market moves the exact opposit after 2:45 am as it tuesday after 11:00 am. Thats obviously a correction to the strong long trend we saw last tuesdays and the tuesday a week ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting setup today. I was expecting higher prices, but haven't seen any confirmation for that yet.

    Looking at previous days not, then the market looks exhausted. We haven't really been able to hit any significant highs (even the high open on monday was quickly sold down). Maybe we should be expecting a serious down move from here?

    Seeing some small signs that DAX might go to 6228 and try to test that level. Interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm out of my long trade. Waiting to see if there will be another up-move or not. If so, then might enter at lower prices again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. no short selling for you? DOW bounced off 11000 and S&P did not stay above 1200
    I its very likley that S&P will go down to the close 1195 that would mean a 50 points drop in the DAX, anyway I am holding my DAX short, or close at the 9.30 open and re-enter short later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well it's a possibility, yes. I exited my long way too early - at 6289. I was expecting it to break 6291, but not that quickly. But then I had a small scalp just above 6121 for 10 points.

    And then somehow I missed out the short. Dax had a perfect shorting opportunity at 6305. I'm not going in at this point anymore. So I'll keep my eyes open to see if the down move will continue and maybe I can enter in a good pullback.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i try to stay out of the chop and trade crude oil till bernanke has finished talking ...

    ReplyDelete