Thursday, August 27, 2009

27th Thursday Side, Down, Down, Up






High of the Day: 50% of Prior Day Range
Morning Reversal at: 50% of Prior Day Range at 3.18 am
US Market Open Move ended at: S3Mid at 10.10 am
Low of the Day: S3Mid
Close of the Day: S1Mid

Loss 5 Points Elliot Wave
Profit 173 Points ART Method

I learned to trade breakouts with a buy stop above the highest blue bar so not on inside bars and to only re-use a break above a short reversal bar signal if there is a 2nd one, so not to use the one that stopped out my long position for another long entry. All in all 43 points in the morning session using the ART Trading Method.

What I also learned today was trading the pre-news session. Starting from 6 am till 8.30 am there are every day good setups, today a massive 60 points.

The US session was also very profitable, because of the rapid move I switched over to the 34 tick chart, on which I use a trend line break for re-entry. I also learned to exit the trade not at the first but 2nd confirmed reversal bar, and of course to not be so greedy and do not make another trade after 3rd swing in one direction. So compared to the 1 min chart I was able to make 1/3 points more with the 34 tick chart. All in all about 70 points in the US session.

Tradelist

As you can see I am trading now very seldom Elliot Wave setups, as they are most of the time against the trend, however I keep them in mind for potential targets, especially from 60 Min Charts they still provide a good guideline how far prices can go...

No comments:

Post a Comment